ARE YOU THINKING OF SELLING YOUR HOME? HERE ARE 6 FREE TIPS TO CONSIDER DOING BEFORE ANYTHING.
1. Home Odors. Because homeowners become desensitized to the odors in
their homes, they rarely realize how obvious odors can be to visitors. This is particularly true of pet owners and smokers.
2. Carpet and Flooring. One of the most visible areas of your home is your flooring. If your carpet is worn or dirty, get it replaced or cleaned. If you have vinyl flooring with corners coming up, get it glued down. Special note: Replacing flooring in smaller areas, such as kitchens, with high quality flooring can bring in premiums in price.
3. Paint and Walls. Paint is one of the least expensive ways to spruce-up your home. Consider painting outside trim and interior walls and doors.
4. Clutter. Excess clutter is a big buyer turn-off. You have to move anyway, so you might as well pack away items that make your home feel good to you, but turn off buyers.
5. Signs of Pests. If you have any sign of mice, rats, roaches, spiders, or bees, you should immediately contact a local pest control company and have them eliminated. There is no better way to show your home is filthy than by infestations. Remove all spider webs with a broom.
6. Landscaping. If your landscaping is messy, overgrown, or looks cluttered in any way, you need to fix it. Buyers make positive or negative conclusions about your home within the first five minutes.
If you need help buying or selling a home please contact Michele Hanigan at DallasHomes@me.com or call/text 214-738-5555. Additionally, you can check out Park Cities / Dallas Real Estate Services.
MICHELE HANIGAN, Realtor Mobile: 214.738.5555